Management and Supervision in Law Enforcement
- List Price:
- Buy New: $111.07
as of 9/18/2014 08:26 EDT details
- You Save: $62.88 (36%)
- Seller:Wordery USA
- Sales Rank:22,311
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.1
- Dimensions (in):9.9 x 8 x 1.3
- Publication Date:January 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Presents a comprehensive, but not overwhelming, overview of the responsibilities of law enforcement leaders and illustrates the best-known methods and practices of police leadership and management while also turning an eye to the future.
- Built on three themes: participatory leadership and empowerment; enlisting citizen assistance in improving community safety; and accepting change as inevitable and moving to a more humanistic, participatory model of law enforcement.
- Accessible style with a solid foundation in the latest research, guiding readers through the complexities of management and administration in law enforcement.
- Outstanding coverage of conflict resolution, police stress, and the theory and practical applications of culture and growth.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, 6th edition is a practical and straightforward book that focuses on law enforcement managers and supervisors, their jobs, and the complicated interrelationships between members of the law enforcement team and the communities they share. This new edition has added Chief Shaun LaDue as a contributor to give a practitioner's perspective to management and supervision as well as an emphasis on leadership. Additionally, the text has been reorganized to begin the text focusing on management, and community policing is no longer a stand-alone chapter. The text focuses on post-9/11 policing and includes research on the effects of 9/11 as well as data driven policing, including CompStat policing, intelligence-led policing and evidence based policing. In addition, it also includes discussions on the effects of the current economic crisis on law enforcement, including two 2009 PERF studies and reports. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, 6th edition presents a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of law enforcement leaders and covers everything from the newest principles in policing to the exciting technological aids changing the face of law enforcement today, preparing readers to become tomorrow's leaders.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.