Effective Police Supervision STUDY GUIDE, Sixth Edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $18.75
as of 3/10/2014 06:18 EDT details
- You Save: $5.20 (22%)
- Sales Rank:63,809
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.4 x 0.5
- Publication Date:December 13, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Good police officers are often promoted into supervisory positions with little or no training for what makes a good manager. Effective Police Supervision is positioned to be the core text in college-level classes on supervisory practices in criminal justice and will provide students with an understanding of the group behaviors and organizational dynamics necessary to understand the fundamentals of police administration. This Study Guide gives students a place to test themselves and review the material so they are well prepared for their examinations.
NEW THIS EDITION Following the changes to the Effective Police Supervision textbook, this Study Guide has a new title and approach for Chapter 2: Community-Oriented Policing and Problem Solving -- Improving Neighborhood Quality of Life. It has moved the discussion of training into Chapter 9 and has added a new Chapter 16, Homeland Security and Terrorism-A Changing Role.
- Helps the student to grasp key concepts and synthesize the material in a meaningful and applicable way that goes beyond learning by rote.
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms help the reader to focus on key material as they read the text.
- Questions and answer key give the reader the opportunity to measure how well they are grasping the material.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.