Tess of the d'Urbervilles
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.41
as of 8/1/2014 04:09 EDT details
- You Save: $0.58 (7%)
- Sales Rank:6,788,919
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 5.9 x 8.9
- Publication Date:January 1, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9781420928532
- Condition: Used - Very Good
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Thomas Hardy's second to last novel, "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" is the story of Teresa "Tess" Durbeyfield. The plot of the novel is set in motion when a local parson mentions that the Durbeyfields are actually related to the noble family the d'Urbervilles. Trying to capitalize on this knowledge the Durbeyfields send a reluctant Tess to work at the d'Urbervilles estate. There the tragic fate of Tess ensues. "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" challenged the sexual mores of the time and because of this was not well received when it was first published. The novel however has weathered the test of time and is now considered a great classic of English Literature.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.