J.B.: A Play in Verse
- Buy New: $109.28
as of 12/6/2013 04:00 EST details
- Sales Rank:3,185,182
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Library Binding
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):8.1 x 5.1 x 0.7
- Publication Date:August 1989
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Based on the story of Job, this drama in verse tells the story of a twentieth-century American banker and millionaire whom God commands be stripped of his family and wealth, but who refuses to turn his back on God. J.B. won the Pulitzer Prize for drama in 1959 and the Tony Award for best play. More important, the play sparked a national conversation about the nature of God, the meaning of hope, and the role of the artist in society.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.