The Core Six: Essential Strategies for Achieving Excellence with the Common Core
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.15
as of 12/7/2013 11:32 EST details
- You Save: $7.80 (39%)
- Sales Rank:8,454
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):0.2 x 6.9 x 8.9
- Publication Date:February 25, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Odds are, your state has adopted the Common Core State Standards. You know how the standards emerged, what they cover, and how they are organized. But how do you translate the new standards into practice?
Enter the Core Six: six research-based, classroom-proven strategies that will help you and your students respond to the demands of the Common Core. Thanks to more than 40 years of research and hands-on classroom testing, the authors know the best strategies to increase student engagement and achievement and prepare students for college and career. Best of all, these strategies can be used across all grade levels and subject areas.
The Core Six include
1. Reading for Meaning.
2. Compare & Contrast.
3. Inductive Learning.
4. Circle of Knowledge.
5. Write to Learn.
6. Vocabulary's CODE.
For each strategy, this practical book provides
* Reasons for using the strategy to address the goals of the Common Core.
* The research behind the strategy.
* A checklist for implementing the strategy in the classroom.
* Multiple sample lessons that illustrate the strategy in action.
* Planning considerations to ensure your effective use of the strategy.
Any strategy can fall flat in the classroom. By offering tips on how to capture students' interest, deepen students' understanding of each strategy, use discussion and questioning techniques to extend student thinking, and ask students to synthesize and transfer their learning, The Core Six will ensure that your instruction is inspired rather than tired.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.