Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology, 4e (Mahon, Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $48.95
as of 12/28/2014 20:52 EST details
- You Save: $78.05 (61%)
- Seller:Freebird Textbooks
- Sales Rank:177,398
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.2
- Dimensions (in):11.1 x 8.9 x 1.7
- Publication Date:March 23, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Providing a solid introduction to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology, this accessible, full-color text helps you develop the problem-solving skills necessary for success in the clinical setting. A reader-friendly, "building block" approach to microbiology moves progressively from basic concepts to advanced understanding, guiding you through the systematic identification of etiologic agents of infectious diseases.
- Building block approach encourages recall of previously learned information, enhancing your critical and problem solving skills.
- Case in Point feature introduces case studies at the beginning of each chapter.
- Issues to Consider encourages you to analyze and comprehend the case in point.
- Key Terms provide a list of the most important and relevant terms in each chapter.
- Objectives give a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- Points to Remember summarize and help clearly identify key concepts covered in each chapter.
- Learning assessment questions evaluate how well you have mastered the material.
- New content addresses bone and joint infections, genital tract infections, and nosocomial infections.
- Significantly updated chapter includes current information on molecular biology and highlights content on multidrug resistant bacteria.
- Reorganized chapters accent the most relevant information about viruses and parasites that are also transmissible to humans.
- Case studies on the Evolve site let you apply the information that you learn to realistic scenarios encountered in the laboratory.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.