Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 6e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.99
as of 8/28/2014 04:33 EDT details
- You Save: $79.96 (93%)
- Sales Rank:273,720
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):5
- Dimensions (in):1.7 x 8.4 x 10.5
- Publication Date:November 5, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
With a concise, straightforward approach, this trusted text puts difficult concepts and essential drug calculation skills into a practical nursing context and prepares you for real-world responsibilities. Completely revised and updated with the most current information in nursing practice, a variety of strong learning tools, and new NCLEX"¥ examination study questions, this latest edition makes pharmacology more accessible than ever.
- UNIQUE! Prototype Drug Charts provide you with quick reference to key drug information, including dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more.
- UNIQUE! An extensive Dosage Calculations unit strengthens your mathematical skills and eliminates the need for a separate calculations book.
- Nursing Process summaries guide you through client care and drug therapy within the step-by-step framework of the nursing process.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic patient scenarios.
- A Principles of Drug Administration chapter guides you through drug administration procedures, addressing all routes of administration and various settings.
- Client Teaching sections prepare you for client interaction, with teaching tips for general drug administration, self-administration, diet, side effects, and cultural considerations.
- A companion CD reinforces your knowledge and enhances your review with approximately 450 NCLEX examination-style review questions, including alternate-item format questions; 30 pharmacology animations; IV therapy and medication error checklists; drug calculation problems; and electronic dosage calculators.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology in all drug therapy chapters help you understand how drugs work in various body systems.
- An appendix on bioterrorism agents helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of bioterrorism weapons and respond with appropriate drug treatments.
- UNIQUE! Herbal Alerts provide quick reference to side effects, drug interactions, and additional information for popular herbs you may encounter in practice.
- NCLEX Examination-style Study Questions prepare you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Updated and expanded Preventing Medication Errors boxes help you ensure safe drug administration.
- Targeted Therapies to Treat Cancer chapter familiarizes you with cutting-edge cancer treatments such as multikinase inhibitors, angiogenesis inhibitors, and monoclonal antibodies.
- A new unit helps you easily locate appropriate drug therapy for managing pain and inflammation.
- Additional photos and illustrations visually reinforce your understanding of drug actions and relevant anatomy and physiology.
- Separate units on antibacterial and antiinfective agents clearly differentiate these commonly used agents.
- Page numbers accompany key terms for easier reference.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.