Pediatric Primary Care, 4e (Burns, Pediatric Primary Care)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $69.00
as of 12/10/2013 14:07 EST details
- You Save: $41.00 (37%)
- Seller:Health Books and More
- Sales Rank:160,851
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):6.7
- Dimensions (in):2.1 x 8.9 x 11.1
- Publication Date:April 23, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This fourth edition of Pediatric Primary Care is prepared to assist the pediatric healthcare provider to understand the wide spectrum of conditions seen in primary care of children. Written by experienced authors familiar with the scope of practice and knowledge base of pediatric nurse practitioners, it emphasizes prevention as well as management, and presents guidelines on assessing children from infancy through adolescence. The text is appropriate for nurse practitioner, medical, and physician assistant students as well as experienced clinicians who want a current pediatric primary care resource with easy access to information.
- Management chapters include numerous tables to facilitate differential diagnoses and summarize management strategies.
- Resource boxes inform readers of helpful websites as well as organizations and useful printed materials.
- The Environmental Health chapter is specially updated to address more key toxicants, and presents resources for diagnosis and management.
- Theories and applications of complementary care are discussed in the Complementary Therapies chapter. Tables on herbal interactions and many complementary treatments for common childhood conditions are featured.
- Color inserts feature 31 full-color photographs illustrating ear, skin, and other conditions and symptoms.
- The Pediatric Medication appendix includes the latest drugs used in pediatric primary care with specific dosing for infant, children, adolescents, and adults when applicable.
- Other appendices present growth charts, laboratory values and the latest asthma management guidelines.
- Updated content includes in-depth discussion of childhood obesity and mental health problems.
- Additional information on urgent care of children is included in the disease management sections.
- Discussion Forum questions are included with each management chapter.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.