Educational Foundations: An Anthology of Critical Readings
- List Price:
- Buy New: $22.35
as of 12/20/2013 08:29 EST details
- You Save: $33.65 (60%)
- Seller:Marlton Books
- Sales Rank:584,265
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Second Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):8.7 x 6 x 0.6
- Publication Date:April 29, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Who Are Today’s Students?
What Makes a Good Teacher?
Educational Foundations: An Anthology of Critical Readings, Second Edition answers these questions and more, providing an exciting alternative to other foundations textbooks. This anthology is aimed at students about to enter the teaching profession, those new to the profession, and anyone interested in carefully examining schools and schooling.
In this Second Edition, editors Alan S. Canestrari and Bruce A. Marlowe add new essays by classic and contemporary policy shapers and teachers. The readings are bold and refreshing, and their authors eschew unquestioning compliance. By taking a hard look at traditional educational practice, the contributors to this anthology serve as models for the kind of reflective practitioners that its editors hope that students will become while in the field. For a complete list of contributors, please see the Table of Contents.
- Encourages discussion and debate through provocative essays that provide readers with opportunities to think critically about teaching and learning
- Includes brief introductory vignettes that raise probing questions about teaching and learning and provide context for the essays that follow
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.