Social Policy and Social Change: Toward the Creation of Social and Economic Justice
- List Price:
- Buy New: $41.90
as of 12/22/2014 17:25 EST details
- You Save: $66.10 (61%)
- Sales Rank:192,805
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.6
- Dimensions (in):8.9 x 7.3 x 0.9
- Publication Date:August 6, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Social Policy and Social Change is the first text to focus on how capitalism and the market economy have contributed to social problems and influenced social policies. It illuminates the root causes of common social problems and the policies that attempt to improve them, while exploring how social policies in the United States can be transformed to promote social justice for all groups. It uniquely offers a historical analysis of social problems and policies.
- Goes beyond the U.S. borders to examine the impact of globalization in the United States and in the Global South
- Considers the meaning and impact of the election of Barack Obama as president of the United States and explores the policy solutions his administration has proposed to deal with the economic recession of 2008–2009
- Discusses social workers as agents of social change and advocates of social and economic justice
- Examines five key realms: poverty in families and the welfare system, social security and poverty among the elderly, child maltreatment and welfare policy, health and mental health policy, and housing policy
This text comes with free access to the accompanying companion Web site at www.sagepub.com/jimenez.
The password-protected Instructor Resources contain:
- PowerPoint slides
- Test bank
- Sample syllabi
- Teaching tips
The open-access student study section offers:
- Web quizzes
- Journal articles
- Web resources
Social Policy and Social Change is ideal for upper-level undergraduate or graduate-level courses on social policy and social welfare.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.