Finding Out: An Introduction to LGBT Studies
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.93
as of 4/24/2014 08:48 EDT details
- You Save: $50.07 (81%)
- Seller:jersey shore books
- Sales Rank:535,964
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.8
- Dimensions (in):9.8 x 7 x 1.1
- Publication Date:January 28, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
introduces readers to lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender (LGBT) studies. Unlike most books on LGBT, this textbook combines original material with esteemed journal articles. Chapter introductions, written by the authors, place current research findings in a clear context. Finding Out reviews the history of same-sex relationships and gender variance from ancient Greece to the present yet goes beyond a historical account to provide an in-depth examination of LGBT culture and society.
“I am most impressed by this book’s blend of comprehensive scope with approachable, intelligent presentation. It provides material valuable for both students new to the field and those taking more advanced courses without excluding either group on the basis of approach or diction. … I just love this book!”
- Includes chapter introductions that gives students a useful context for each research article
- Connects chapter topics to one another with Lambda Links, which help facilitate analysis and discussion
- Directs readers to relevant studies and information with “Find Out More” boxes in each chapter
–Sarah-Hope Parmeter University of California, Santa Cruz
“This text will give me a way to teach LGBT issues as central – that is, NOT as tangents, as add-ons, as side issues, but as a central area of inquiry. … This text is by far the best thing I have seen, and it is heads and shoulders above any other possibilities...”
– Mary Armstrong, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
This core text is designed for Introduction to Sexuality Studies as well as other undergraduate courses that include LGBT topics. Anyone interested in the history, culture, and society of LGBT will find this book an informative resource.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.