Three Lives: Stories of The Good Anna, Melanctha and The Gentle Lena (Dodo Press)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.72
as of 5/18/2013 23:21 EDT details
- You Save: $5.27 (29%)
- Sales Rank:6,884,954
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):6 x 0.4 x 9
- Publication Date:August 12, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9781406510102
- Condition: USED - Like New
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
By the American writer, poet, feminist, playwright, and catalyst in the development of modern art and literature. Increasingly, she developed her own highly idiosyncratic, playful, sometimes repetitive and sometimes humorous style. Three Lives (1909) was her first published work, followed by Matisse, Picasso and Gertrude Stein (1912) - which includes the stories "A Long Gay Book" and "Many Many Women". Many of her experimental, stream-of-consciousness works such as Tender Buttons (1914) have since been interpreted by critics as a feminist reworking of patriarchal language. These works were loved by the avant-garde, but mainstream success initially remained elusive.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.