A Companion to Victorian Poetry
- List Price:
- Buy New: $44.20
as of 9/20/2014 05:38 EDT details
- You Save: $15.75 (26%)
- Sales Rank:2,018,424
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.9
- Dimensions (in):9.6 x 6.8 x 1.8
- Publication Date:November 19, 2007
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Used Book in Good Condition
brings together specially commissioned essays by distinguished international scholars that reflect both the diversity of Victorian poetry and the variety of critical approaches that illuminate it.
- Approaches Victorian poetry by way of genre, production and cultural context, rather than through individual poets or poems
- Demonstrates how a particular poet or poem emerges from a number of overlapping cultural contexts.
- Explores the relationships between work by different poets
- Recalls attention to a considerable body of poetry that has fallen into neglect
- Essays are informed by recent developments in textual and cultural theory
- Considers Victorian women poets in every chapter
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.