Sailing Alone Around the World
- Buy New: $22.24
as of 4/23/2014 08:55 EDT details
- Seller:-Daily Deals-
- Sales Rank:4,693,189
- Format:Audiobook, CD, MP3 Audio, Unabridged
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:MP3 CD
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):7.8 x 5.3 x 0.6
- Publication Date:September 1, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Joshua Slocum was believed to be the first man to sail single-handed around the world. After a distinguished career, where he worked his way up from cabin boy to captain, Joshua Slocum wrecked his ship off the coast of Brazil. Turning this catastrophe to his advantage, he built a sailing canoe from the wreckages, and sailed back to New York. Moreover, he wrote Voyage of the Liberdad a chronicle of his trip, and earned some literary success. This was the spur to attempt his perilous voyage!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.