Geology and the Environment
- List Price:
- Buy New: $190.00
as of 12/10/2013 05:54 EST details
- You Save: $73.95 (28%)
- Sales Rank:582,548
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.2
- Dimensions (in):1 x 8.9 x 10.6
- Publication Date:January 1, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Case Studies dealing with issues of climate change and global warming are implemented in 9 of the 15 Chapters in the text.
- Chapter 11, Glaciation and Long Term Climate Change has been updated to include the latest data and information. Loss of Glacier ice as an indicator and cause of other Global Warming issues is also discussed more prominently.
- Pedagogical Features Encourage Student Involvement and Critical Thinking about Geology and the Environment.
- Motivating Questions on Chapter Openers: Questions entitled "Have You Ever Wondered?" appear on newly designed chapter openers. Five questions introduce and motivate students to explore the chapter.
- Questions to Ponder: Critical Thinking style questions called Questions to Ponder are included on Chapter Opener Introductions and on selected Case Studies. Questions to Ponder help students develop critical thinking skills and apply scientific method while analyzing topics of social and environmental importance.
Cengage Learning's GEOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, in partnership with the National Geographic Society brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with market leading text content for introductory geology courses. Whether you use a traditional printed text or all digital GEOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT alternative, it's never been easier to explore the relationship between humans and the geologic hazards, processes, and resources that surround us.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.