Rethinking Teacher Supervision and Evaluation: How to Work Smart, Build Collaboration, and Close the Achievement Gap
- List Price:
- Buy New: $18.40
as of 9/1/2014 16:09 EDT details
- You Save: $14.55 (44%)
- Sales Rank:14,147
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.5 x 0.8
- Publication Date:April 22, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Teacher supervision and evaluation that emphasizes fairness, excellence, and achievement
In this thoroughly revised and updated edition of his bestselling book, education expert Kim Marshall shows how to break away from the typical and often ineffective evaluation approaches in which principals use infrequent classroom visits or rely on standardized test scores to assess a teacher's performance. Marshall proposes a broader framework for supervision and evaluation that enlists teachers in improving the performance of all students.
- Revised edition of the classic book on teacher supervision and evaluation
- Includes thoughts on iPad and iPhone aps for classroom observation
- Offers new chart on how principals can manage ten mini-observations per teacher per year
- Contains new thoughts on merit pay, a different approach to the test-score argument from Arne Duncan
This vital resource also includes extensive tools and advice for managing time as well as ideas for using supervision and evaluation practices to foster teacher professional development.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.