Getting Smart: How Digital Learning is Changing the World
- List Price:
- Buy New: $13.79
as of 12/18/2013 05:57 EST details
- You Save: $13.16 (49%)
- Sales Rank:227,086
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):1.3 x 6.7 x 10
- Publication Date:October 18, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A comprehensive look at the promise and potential of online learning
In our digital age, students have dramatically new learning needs and must be prepared for the idea economy of the future. In Getting Smart, well-known global education expert Tom Vander Ark examines the facets of educational innovation in the United States and abroad. Vander Ark makes a convincing case for a blend of online and onsite learning, shares inspiring stories of schools and programs that effectively offer "personal digital learning" opportunities, and discusses what we need to do to remake our schools into "smart schools."
- Examines the innovation-driven world, discusses how to combine online and onsite learning, and reviews "smart tools" for learning
- Investigates the lives of learning professionals, outlines the new employment bargain, examines online universities and "smart schools"
- Makes the case for smart capital, advocates for policies that create better learning, studies smart cultures
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.