A Community of Readers: A Thematic Approach to Reading
- List Price:
- Buy New: $90.00
as of 9/20/2014 00:53 EDT details
- You Save: $14.95 (14%)
- Sales Rank:51,958
- Format:Student Calendar
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0
- Dimensions (in):9.9 x 7.9 x 0.8
- Publication Date:January 1, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Heightened emphasis on critical thinking as a reading skill is integrated throughout the book, culminating in a refocused final chapter.
- Ten new readings keep the issues and themes contemporary
- Easy-to-find vocabulary words and definitions enable students to comprehend information at a glance.
- Exercises that require writing and a "Write About It" feature help build the reading-writing connection.
- Dynamic introductions draw students into the chapter theme with intriguing visuals and provocative quotations and questions.
"A Community of Readers", the second of two books in the "Alexander" reading series, presents college-level reading skills in the context of interesting, contemporary issues relevant to students while offering guided, in-depth instruction in all steps of the reading and learning process: reading, discussing and reflecting, writing, and critical thinking.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.