Sociology: A Global Perspective
- List Price:
- Buy New: $35.00
as of 9/16/2014 21:00 EDT details
- You Save: $146.95 (81%)
- Sales Rank:36,442
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.3
- Dimensions (in):10.7 x 8.3 x 0.7
- Publication Date:January 1, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The eighth edition features a new design that reflects the contemporary relevance of the book.
- End-of-chapter summaries recap the core concepts covered in the chapter. Other end-of-chapter elements include resources on the Internet and key terms with page number references.
- "No Borders, No Boundaries" boxes emphasize that human activity is not confined to fixed political borders. Those activities have consequences that transcend a particular place.
- "Sociological Imagination" boxes are NEW and allow students to place the individual life within a larger social context.
- "Working for Change" essay boxes highlight leaders and groups who have identified a larger social problem in their community or the world and taken steps to change the system or to persuade others to make changes in the way they go about their daily lives.
SOCIOLOGY: A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE, Eighth Edition, introduces you to the concepts and theories of sociology, demonstrates how they can be used to think about the most significant and pressing global issues of our day, and uses powerful visual images to illustrate their impact on individuals, local communities, and society.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.