A First Course in Differential Equations with Modeling Applications
- List Price:
- Buy New: $130.00
as of 3/16/2014 19:31 EDT details
- You Save: $76.95 (37%)
- Seller:BOOKS AND MEDIA
- Sales Rank:88,871
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.4
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.5 x 0.9
- Publication Date:March 15, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The four-color design adds depth of meaning to all of the graphics, particularly three-dimensional pieces and visuals that involve multiple curves in a graph. The author directed the creation of each piece of art to ensure that it is as mathematically correct as the text.
- Extended homework problems at the end of selected section exercises were submitted and classroom-tested by members of the teaching math community.
- The development of material in this text progresses intuitively, and explanations are clear and concise. Exercises reinforce and build on chapter content.
- This text guides students through material necessary to progress to the next level of study; its clear presentation and mathematical precision make it an excellent reference tool in future courses.
- While this text is time-tested and widely accepted, it has remained current with the addition of new exercises, such features as "Contributed Problems," and the enhanced four-color presentation.
A FIRST COURSE IN DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS WITH MODELING APPLICATIONS, 10th Edition strikes a balance between the analytical, qualitative, and quantitative approaches to the study of differential equations. This proven and accessible book speaks to beginning engineering and math students through a wealth of pedagogical aids, including an abundance of examples, explanations, "Remarks" boxes, definitions, and group projects. Written in a straightforward, readable, and helpful style, the book provides a thorough treatment of boundary-value problems and partial differential equations.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.