Mechanics of Materials
- List Price:
- Buy New: $99.00
as of 3/10/2014 21:14 EDT details
- You Save: $78.95 (44%)
- Sales Rank:84,009
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.6
- Dimensions (in):10 x 8.3 x 1.8
- Publication Date:January 1, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 4-color format provides better visualization of graphs and worked out problems.
- Clarity and accuracy: Considerable effort was spent in designing, checking, and proofreading the text and figures.
- Problems: The text offers more than 1000 problems for homework assignments and classroom discussions. The exercises are arranged in order of difficulty and placed at the end of the chapter making them easy to find without breaking up the subject matter.
- Examples: Numerous examples illustrate the theoretical concepts and show how those concepts may be used in practical situations. In some cases, photographs have been added showing actual engineering structures or components to reinforce the tie between theory and application.
- Both the International System of Units (SI) and the U.S. Customary System (USCS) are used in the examples and problems allowing students to gain proficiency using both.
The Eighth Edition of MECHANICS OF MATERIALS continues its tradition as one of the leading texts on the market. With its hallmark clarity and accuracy, this text develops student understanding along with analytical and problem-solving skills. The main topics include analysis and design of structural members subjected to tension, compression, torsion, bending, and more. The book includes more material than can be taught in a single course giving instructors the opportunity to select the topics they wish to cover while leaving any remaining material as a valuable student reference.
Additional reference for this edition:
Download a transition guide [PDF] showing the changes from the seventh to the eighth edition of Mechanics of Materials.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.