Business Communication: In Person, In Print, Online
- List Price:
- Buy New: $54.99
as of 3/9/2014 11:23 EDT details
- You Save: $222.96 (80%)
- Sales Rank:108,850
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.9
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.5 x 1
- Publication Date:January 21, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The Right Amount of Coverage: With a realistic approach about how communication occurs in organizations today, the text covers the most important business communication concepts in just enough detail. Topics that require more explanation are covered in depth, while simpler concepts are addressed clearly and efficiently.
- Interesting Model Documents: Examples of each major writing task help students learn the many types of writing-print and online. Models provide marginal callouts with detailed writing instructions.
- Write Experience: Cengage Learning's Write Experience offers students the opportunity to improve their writing and critical thinking skills without adding to an instructor's workload. Write Experience utilizes artificial intelligence to not only score student writing instantly and accurately, but also provide students with detailed revision goals and feedback on their writing to help them improve.
- Varied, Engaging Exercises: End-of-chapter exercises use a variety of communication media and offer many options for instructors-longer assignments and shorter in-class activities. The 3Ps (Purpose, Process, Product) model helps students analyze a business situation, determine the specific communication strategies and steps required, and prepare the most effective business communication format to address the situation. Solutions to the end-of-chapter exercises and the 3Ps are offered in the instructor's manual.
- Comprehensive Instructor Resources: Several tools ease lecture preparation and offer dynamic ideas to help instructors prepare lively lectures. Multimedia PowerPoint slides summarize chapter concepts and include videos that demonstrate chapter concepts in an entertaining format. The comprehensive Instructor's Manual offers solutions to exercises, chapter overviews, as well as lecture and discussion notes. The test bank contains an abundant variety of test questions, including multiple-choice, short-answer, true-false, and writing activities.
BUSINESS COMMUNICATION: IN PERSON, IN PRINT, ONLINE, 8TH EDITION, offers a realistic approach to communication in today's organizations. The text covers the most important business communication concepts in detail, and thoroughly integrates coverage of today's social media and other communication technologies. Building on core foundational written and oral communication skills, the 8th edition helps readers make sound medium choices and provides guidelines and examples for the many ways people communicate at work. Readers learn how to create PowerPoint decks, use instant messaging and texting effectively at work, engage customers using social media, lead web meetings and conference calls, and more.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.