The Criminal Justice System: Politics and Policies
- List Price:
- Buy New: $107.57
as of 8/23/2014 16:59 EDT details
- You Save: $21.38 (17%)
- Seller:Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Sales Rank:5,562
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.8
- Dimensions (in):1 x 6.5 x 9.3
- Publication Date:July 26, 2012
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- First published in 1972, this classic text helped define how research affects policy in the criminal justice system.
- Offering the valuable insight that comes from a qualified, talented, and proven author team, Cole and Gertz present an advanced look at the criminal justice system from both political and policy perspectives.
- This reader's concise introductions clearly point out important concepts and doctrines, followed by articles that integrate the concepts and show how they apply in today's dynamic criminal justice system.
- Each Part introduction highlights how this compilation explores the links among politics, law, culture, public opinion, the media, and the criminal justice system.
- Each section offers suggestions for future readings, emphasizing easily accessible, reader-friendly choices that help students fully understand the context of criminal justice.
Longtime market-leader THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM: POLITICS AND POLICIES, 10/e combines the enduring classics in the development of criminal justice policy with the latest developments from the field--and most recent debates from Congress. Equipping learners with primary sources and the most current, cutting-edge research available, this thorough reader presents research-framed debates discussed in our administration of justice. It promotes a more thorough understanding of the structure and function of the criminal justice system while highlighting critical cross cutting themes, such as discretion, the sources of power inside institutions, and how the public may impact the way laws are written. Covering a broad range of topics, the Tenth Edition offers expanded coverage of DNA/wrongful convictions, prison overcrowding, white-collar crime, cyber crime, ethics, technology, evidence-based practice, and much more.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.