The Twelfth Child
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.59
as of 4/16/2014 00:34 EDT details
- You Save: $1.41 (10%)
- Sales Rank:191,052
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6 x 0.6
- Publication Date:April 27, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
From USA TODAY Bestselling Author Bette Lee Crosby!
The Twelfth Child, Royal Palm Literary Award, FPA President's Book Award, National Association of American Pen Women Fiction Award. Book ONE of the Serendipity Series. Book TWO Previously Loved Treasures will be available in April 2014
Trust, love and friendship--Abigail Anne Lannigan searched for these things all her life. Now, when she is at the tail end of her years, she teams up with a free-spirited young woman. A nobody from nowhere, who suddenly moves in across the street. Their unusual friendship comes under suspicion when a million dollars goes missing and a distant relative, claims embezzlement. Abigail knows the truth of what happened but, unfortunately, she'll never get the chance to tell.
Reminiscent of Fannie Flagg's "Fried Green Tomatoes" the May-December friendship of these two unforgettable women is sure to settle in the soft spot of your heart.
The Twelfth Child, a novel rich with emotion, humor and tenderness, explores the splintered relationships of a Shenandoah Valley family and their willful daughter's struggle to survive America's Great Depression and overcome the past.
>>>Reviews for The Twelfth Child
- Be prepared to be swept away into the life of a girl who will tug at your emotions while never leaving your heart. Crosby has crafted a story that will enchant readers... Steena Holmes, bestselling author of Finding Emma
- A deeply moving story that touches the core of your heart... Layered Pages
- Crosby's talent lies in not only telling a good, compelling story, but telling it from a unique perspective. The shifts in time in the narrative and the life story proved quite intriguing, and all the pieces fit together truly well. It would be impossible not to feel emotionally attached to the characters in this book. Reader Views
- Bette Lee Crosby is a storyteller extraordinaire... McGuffy's Reader
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.