Extreme Government Makeover: Increasing Our Capacity to Do More Good
- Buy New: $24.95
as of 12/27/2014 07:36 EST details
- Sales Rank:500,811
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):8.4 x 5.9 x 0.7
- Publication Date:2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book reveals the tips, strategies and hiding-in-plain-sight secrets for making government work better.
The house of government is broken, and it needs a serious makeover from top to bottom. In his latest book, management expert Ken Miller discusses how the processes of state and local government became so complicated and inefficient - and how to start cleaning up the mess. With his typical irreverent and funny tone, Ken lays out the simple ways that public-sector leaders can tear down all the twisted, broken parts of government and rebuild it stronger, leaner and better equipped to help citizens. Full of clear, concise tips on increasing government's capacity, Extreme Government Makeover is essential reading for everyone in government, from top-level executives to managers and employees on the front lines.
What you'll learn in Extreme Government Makeover
• The one and only thing government needs to focus on to get out of this crisis
• How government can perform its vital functions 80 percent faster, at less cost and with better quality
• The DNA of government complexity and how we can genetically modify it
• How to spot the "moldy" thinking that is making us all sick
• How to get rid of 40 percent of your agency's workload
• How to find the hidden costs of government
• What the next generation of customers and employees are going to do to your operations
• Why technology isn't the answer
• Most importantly, you'll learn a new way of seeing the work of government - and a better way to make that work great.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.