Just as successful athletes must identify personal strengths and weaknesses, set goals, and engage in focused practice to meet their goals, so must teachers. Crafted around a detailed compendium of over 270 ready-to-use reflection strategies and organized under 41 elements of effective teaching, this book combines a model of instruction with goal setting, focused practice, focused feedback, and observations and discussions to improve your instructional practices.
- Find the reflection strategies that work best for you in the comprehensive at-a-glance compendium, complete with its own table of contents.
- Use end-of-chapter comprehension questions to assess and reinforce your understanding of each chapter s topic.
- Conduct a self-audit to determine your level of competence for each of the 41 elements of effective teaching.
- Learn how to use video data, student survey data, and student achievement data to improve your practice.
- Continue to develop your instructional practices with an appendix of teacher scales for each reflective practice.
- Relate to and draw from classroom vignettes that depict and explore the presented reflective strategies.