Nutritional Supplement Use for Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Buy New: $25.00
as of 9/18/2014 01:21 EDT details
- Sales Rank:490,930
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Published)
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.5
- Dimensions (in):10.1 x 7 x 0.9
- Publication Date:February 20, 2013
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Authoritative nutritional supplementation advice
- Step-by-step support for making informed treatment decisions
- Alphabetical supplement reference with detailed "how-much, how-often" strategies
- Suggestions for improving metabolic health in individuals with autism
This practical guide demystifies the research about biochemical abnormalities in individuals with autism and provides authoritative nutritional recommendations for addressing the medical symptoms associated with the disease.
Inside you'll discover:
- Step-by-step how-to and how-much supplementation advice
- Clear explanations on why removing toxic and pathogenic stressors are crucial for effective treatment
Jon Pangborn, Ph.D. - one of the true pioneers in researching medical problems associated with autism - was a close colleague of Autism Society of America Founder Dr. Bernard Rimland and has been affiliated with Dr. Rimland s research organization The Autism Research Institute for more than 30 years. Their diligent work helped elevate the now-accepted notion that autism is usually an acquired disorder that should be treated comprehensively by addressing physical symptoms along with appropriate educational and behavioral supports.
Nutritional Supplement Use for Autistic Spectrum Disorder offers up-to-date discussions of safe and effective supplement use to address biochemical abnormalities in individuals with autism. It offers practical guidance for avoiding potentially toxic chemical stressors and exposure to infectious pathogens, including the latest recommendations for special diets and nutritional support.
This indispensable reference offers down-to-earth strategies for using nutritional supplements including practical do s and don ts, a sample intervention schedule and tools for measuring progress. Dr. Pangborn provides the reader with authoritative information on a wide range of nutritional supplements as well as those supplements to be wary of in terms of safety, purity or the use of synthetics.
His previous book - co-written by Dr. Sidney Baker, and titled Autism: Effective Biomedical Treatments - was a groundbreaking contribution to the field. Now retired from practice, Dr. Pangborn wrote this book as a summary of his findings and opinions on autism with hope for improvement for many.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.