Kenneth S. Norris, Naturalist, Cetologist & Conservationist, 1924-1998: An Oral History Biography
- Buy New: $84.61
as of 7/23/2014 16:42 EDT details
- Sales Rank:3,527,964
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):0.8 x 8.9 x 5.9
- Publication Date:June 1, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780972334334
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Kenneth Norris was a natural historian in the tradition of Aldo Leopold. He was the father of American marine mammology and discovered much of what we now know about the social life of dolphins and whales. He founded the University of California's Natural Reserve system and taught his students to practice science with rigor and passion.
This volume includes an oral history with Ken Norris as well as eight of his colleagues who share recollections of Norris's research interests in desert biology, herpetology, and marine mammology, his scientific legacy and teaching philosophy. Norris helped to craft the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 and was the author of over a hundred scientific papers and several books on dolphins and porpoises.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.