Of Rats and Men: Oscar Goodman's Life from Mob Mouthpiece to Mayor of Las Vegas
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.55
as of 9/2/2014 14:16 EDT details
- You Save: $20.40 (79%)
- Seller:Twisted Lime Books
- Sales Rank:454,562
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.6
- Dimensions (in):1.1 x 6 x 9.3
- Publication Date:October 1, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Lawyer and ex-mayor of Las Vegas Oscar Goodman's life from mob mouthpiece to mayor of Las Vegas
- Biography. Politics and government in Las Vegas, NV. 20th Century organized crime.
For more than 35 years, Oscar Goodman was the country's pre-eminent defense attorney for alleged gangsters. His endless client list included Meyer Lansky, Nick Civella, Anthony Spilotro, Frank Rosenthal, Jimmy Chagra, Natale Richichi, Nicky Scarfo, and Vinny Ferrara, along with many others. Though no further connection between Goodman and the Mafia has ever been proved, the famous litigator has often been accused of being more than just a mouthpiece for organized crime. Was Oscar Goodman only what he claims, an attorney who defended his clients based on the simple principle that they, too, have constitutional rights? And if so, how did he manage to mingle with the mob for decades without becoming part of it? After scores of unlikely courtroom victories, Goodman pulled off an even more unlikely career change. Twice elected mayor of Las Vegas, he went from legal spokesman for the most notorious crime figures of our era to political spokesman for the most notorious city in the country.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.