Re-Forming Gifted Education: How Parents and Teachers Can Match the Program to the Child
- List Price:
- Buy New: $25.40
as of 8/1/2014 21:12 EDT details
- You Save: $7.55 (23%)
- Seller:Alliance Book Services
- Sales Rank:63,898
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.5
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6 x 1
- Publication Date:January 1, 2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
This book is a real eye-opener for educators and parents unfamiliar with the full body of research in the field of curriculum for gifted education. Many current programs for gifted students are not adequate. Other programs do not fit the needs of particular gifted children. Rogers uses a solid base to explain to parents and educators what is needed in both cases. Various types of acceleration and enrichment, as well as grouping practices, are examined. For each educational option, Rogers delineates what the current research says about the benefit or lack of benefit to gifted children.
* A sample inventory to determine strengths and weaknesses.
* Designing an educational plan to fit a child's academic and social needs.
* Explanations of current gifted education research.
* Benefits of gifted educational options.
* Recommendations for gifted education curriculum.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.