Perspective Without Pain
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.41
as of 5/24/2013 22:38 EDT details
- You Save: $15.58 (71%)
- Seller:Bookworm Bookwerks
- Sales Rank:87,056
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):8.7 x 0.5 x 11
- Publication Date:March 15, 1992
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Imagine perspective without pain—no T-squares, complicated equations or mechanical terms—just simple instructions and hands-on exercises to teach you how to create a sense of depth in your drawings and paintings. Now go a step further—imagine having fun with perspective. With this book, you will. Here Phil Metzger give you clear-cut guidelines in everyday terms—with a lot of friendliness and a little humor tossed in along the way. As an experienced artist, he understands how you work, and he knows that the last thing you need is a lot of rigid rules to tie you down. Here you'll learn techniques of perspective that will help your creativity—not hinder it.
You'll learn how to:
- Achieve the illusion of depth by gradually diminishing the sizes of—and the distance between—similar objects
- Use soft edged and less detail on objects in the background to make them seem farther away
- Introduce depth simply by manipulating color and value
- Draw from any viewpoint—on either side, above or below
- Draw accurate angles without complicated measuring devices
- Use perspective to track down the problem when something you've drawn just doesn't look right
- Measures relative sizes and add the details that make the difference between a convincing pictures and an awkward one
- Properly draw roads, paths, streets, fields and streams to suggest depth in a scene and to describe the flatness or hilliness of a landscape.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.