Leibniz and Clarke: Correspondence
- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.00
as of 10/23/2014 14:37 EDT details
- You Save: $3.00 (25%)
- Sales Rank:793,564
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3500
- Dimensions (in):0.3 x 5.5 x 8.5
- Publication Date:March 1, 2000
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
For this new edition, Roger Ariew has adapted Samuel Clarke's edition of 1717, modernising it to reflect contemporary English usage. Ariew's introduction places the correspondence in historical context and discusses the vibrant philosophical climate of the times. Appendices provide those selections from the works of Newton that Clarke frequently refers to in the correspondence.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.