The Bridge (Paperback 1992)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $3.00
as of 8/21/2014 00:02 EDT details
- You Save: $9.95 (77%)
- Seller:Free Books - Free Minds
- Sales Rank:714,774
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):7.7 x 5 x 0.3
- Publication Date:July 17, 1992
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Like Whitman, Hart Crane strove in his poetry to embrace America, to distill an image of America.
Begun in 1923 and published 1930, The Bridge
is Crane's major work. "Very roughly," he wrote a friend, "it concerns a mystical synthesis of 'America' . . . The initial impulses of 'our people' will have to be gathered up toward the climax of the bridge, symbol of our constructive future, our unique identity."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.