E. E. Cummings: Complete Poems, 1904-1962 (Revised, Corrected, and Expanded Edition)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $40.08
as of 3/9/2014 15:19 EDT details
- You Save: $9.92 (20%)
- Sales Rank:322,153
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Revised, Corrected, and Expanded Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.8
- Dimensions (in):9.5 x 6.8 x 2.2
- Publication Date:April 17, 1994
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Most innovative poets of the twenty century
- E. E, Cummings life work as a poet
- If you love poetry you will love his well known work
This centennial edition of E. E. Cumming's Complete Poems, published in celebration of his birth on October 14, 1894, contains all of the poems published or designated for publication by the poet in his lifetime.
At the time of his death in 1962, E. E. Cummings was, next to Robert Frost, the most widely read poet in America. Combining Thoreau's controlled belligerence with the brash abandon of an uninhibited bohemian, Cummings, together with Pound, Eliot, and William Carlos Williams, helped bring about the twentieth-century revolution in literary expression. He is recognized on the one hand as the author of some of the most beautiful lyric poems written in the English language, and on the other as one of the most inventive American poets of his time—in the worlds of Richard Kostelanetz, "the major American poet of the middle-twentieth-century."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.