Silence: A Thirteenth-Century French Romance (Medieval Texts and Studies)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $17.09
as of 10/31/2014 17:47 EDT details
- You Save: $2.86 (14%)
- Sales Rank:254,651
- Languages:English (Unknown), French (Original Language), English (Published), English (Translation)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):6 x 1 x 9
- Publication Date:August 31, 1999
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
This bilingual edition, a parallel text in Old French and English, is based on a reexamination of the Old French manuscript, and makes Silence available to specialists and students in various fields of literature and women's studies.
The Roman de Silence, an Arthurian romance of the thirteenth century, tells of a girl raised as a boy, equally accomplished as a minstrel and knight, whose final task, the capture of Merlin, leads to her unmasking.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.