Six Key Approaches to Counselling and Therapy
- List Price:
- Buy New: $31.46
as of 4/24/2014 06:42 EDT details
- You Save: $21.54 (41%)
- Sales Rank:1,100,278
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Second Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):9.4 x 6.6 x 0.6
- Publication Date:December 29, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
This updated and revised new edition of Six Key Approaches to Counselling and Therapy provides an accessible introduction to the theory and practice of six of the most popular contemporary therapeutic approaches from the three main schools of therapy practice:
- cognitive therapy and solution-focused therapy from the cognitive-behavioral school
- person-centerd and Gestalt therapy from the humanistic school
- Freud's psychoanalysis and Jung's analytical therapy from the psychodynamic school.
Following a clearly-defined structure, each chapter describes the origin of the therapeutic approach, a biography of its originator, its theory and practice, discusses case material and further developments, and suggests further reading. Richard Nelson-Jones goes on to review and evaluate all the approaches in his concluding chapter.
This excellent textbook is a vital resource for students in introductory courses and those who are starting out in professional training.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.