Southern Living Off the Eaten Path: Second Helpings: Tasty eats and delicious stories from the South's less-traveled trails (Southern Living (Paperback Oxmoor))
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.33
as of 8/21/2014 22:22 EDT details
- You Save: $15.62 (68%)
- Seller:book a lot
- Sales Rank:341,027
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Age:18 - 99 years
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.9
- Dimensions (in):9 x 8 x 0.9
- Publication Date:May 7, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Off the Eaten Path: Second Helpings
takes you on the ultimate road trip and into some of the South's most tucked-away diners, drive-ins and dives with food critic and travel writer Morgan Murphy as he cruises the roads less traveled in 16 Southern states. More than a cookbook, Second Helpings
charts the best Southern foods at off-road diners, roadside food stands, and independently owned restaurants from Texas and Appalachia to the Gulf and Atlantic Coasts, gathering up a bellyful of recipes, laughs, and Southern lore along the way.
- Second Helpings devours the South in five big bites, each chapter charting a tasty trail through one Southern sub region. Each of the five recipe chapters covers three to four states, eight to 12 eateries, and 24 to 32 restaurant recipes that will inspire your own home cooking.
- With humor and his uniquely Southern voice, Murphy introduces you to each restaurant, recipe, and attraction, highlighting the best iconic Southern dishes to try in each region, from biscuits and gravy to white barbecued chicken and peanut butter pie.
- Worth the drive: Murphy showcases one restaurant, character, or dish in each state as not just worth stopping for but worth driving out of your way to see-- a BEST in each state.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.