Understanding Normal and Clinical Nutrition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $178.00
as of 12/13/2013 08:01 EST details
- You Save: $118.95 (40%)
- Sales Rank:62,277
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):6.3
- Dimensions (in):1.8 x 9 x 10.8
- Publication Date:June 20, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- "Nutrition in Your Life" chapter openers introduce and engage students in chapter material by connecting what they will be learning with how it applies to their lives. These vignettes are revisited at the end of each chapter in the "Nutrition Portfolio" sections.
- "How To" boxes throughout the text provide step-by-step explanations of nutrition calculations, proven strategies for assisting clients with dietary changes, and an immediate opportunity to apply the information through new "Try It" exercises.
- End-of-chapter "Clinical Portfolio" questions use case studies to help students understand how to apply the nutrition information from the text to real-life scenarios. Students can build their critical-thinking skills by having them evaluate a variety of experiences and answer questions based on their knowledge.
- "Case Study" exercises challenge students to plan nutrition education, counseling, or support for a realistic clinical situation.
- "Highlight" sections follow each chapter and present detailed and focused information on hot topics in the field, including vegetarian diets, alcohol and nutrition, osteoporosis and calcium, and probiotics and intestinal health. A new "Highlight" on the role of carbohydrates in weight gain and loss is included in Chapter 4.
UNDERSTANDING NORMAL AND CLINICAL NUTRITION, Ninth Edition, provides the most current and comprehensive coverage of the fundamentals of nutrition and nutrition therapy for an introductory course. The early chapters focus on "normal" nutrition, including digestion and metabolism, vitamins and minerals, and life cycle nutrition. The later chapters cover "clinical" nutrition--the pathophysiology and nutrition therapy for a wide range of medical conditions. The text integrates practical information and valuable resources to help students apply nutrition knowledge and skills to their daily lives and the clinical setting. Features, such as case studies, "How To" boxes with real-world examples, and study cards, help students apply the material and build their conceptual understanding. Regardless of the students' background, the consistent level, approachable narrative, and careful explanations in UNDERSTANDING NORMAL AND CLINICAL NUTRITION will engage students and enable them to be actively involved in the field of nutrition.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.