Statistics: The Exploration & Analysis of Data (Available Titles Aplia)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $80.00
as of 10/25/2014 00:18 EDT details
- You Save: $219.95 (73%)
- Seller:Premier Books USA
- Sales Rank:537,521
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Dictionary), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.5 x 1.3
- Publication Date:January 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- An optional section on logistic regression is included in Chapter 5, "Summarizing Bivariate Data," for those who would like more complete coverage of data analysis techniques for categorical data.
- Advanced topics that are often omitted in a one-quarter or one-semester course, such as inference and variable selection methods in multiple regression and analysis of variance for randomized block and two-factor designs, are available online at the book's website, Statistics CourseMate.
- "Interpreting and Communicating the Results of Statistical Analysis" sections, which emphasize the importance of being able to interpret statistical output and communicate its meaning to non-statisticians, now have assignable end-of-section questions associated with them.
- Real data gives students authentic scenarios that help them understand statistical concepts in relevant, interesting contexts.
- The book features broad coverage of sampling; survey design and experimental design coverage of transformations and nonlinear regression; and an emphasis on graphical display as a necessary component of data analysis.
STATISTICS: THE EXPLORATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA, 7th Edition introduces you to the study of statistics and data analysis by using real data and attention-grabbing examples. The authors guide you through an intuition-based learning process that stresses interpretation and communication of statistical information. Simple notation--including the frequent substitution of words for symbols--helps you grasp concepts and cement your comprehension.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.