Principles of Modern Chemistry
- List Price:
- Buy New: $226.54
as of 8/21/2014 10:43 EDT details
- You Save: $75.41 (25%)
- Sales Rank:5,558
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):5.6
- Dimensions (in):11 x 8.7 x 1.6
- Publication Date:May 31, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- AN "ATOMS FIRST" APPROACH places coverage of structure and bonding early in the text (Chapter 4-6), taking students right into the core topics of the course and helping them build a strong conceptual understanding of chemistry.
- A UNIQUE APPROACH TO LEARNING CHEMICAL PRINCIPLES emphasizes the scientific process from observation to application, placing general chemistry into perspective for serious-minded science and engineering students.
- MATHEMATICALLY ACCURATE MOLECULAR ORBITAL ART helps students visualize how orbital equations translate into the shapes of the orbitals.
- PEDAGOGICALLY IMPORTANT APPENDICES. Appendix A discusses experimental error and scientific notation; Appendix B introduces the SI system of units used throughout the book, describes the methods used for converting units, and provides a brief review of some fundamental principles in physics. Appendix C provides a review of mathematics for general chemistry. Appendices D, E, and F are compilations of thermodynamic, electrochemical, and physical data, respectively.
- A FOCUS ON PROBLEM SOLVING. Problems are grouped into three categories: 1) Paired problems in the first set are grouped by section, with answers to the odd-numbered paired problems collected in Appendix G so students can check their answer to the first problem in a pair before undertaking the second parallel problem. 2) Additional Problems (unpaired) provide further applications of the principles developed in the chapter. 3) Cumulative Problems integrate material from the chapter with topics presented earlier in the book. More challenging problems are integrated throughout the problem sets and are indicated with asterisks.
Long considered the standard for covering chemistry at a high level, PRINCIPLES OF MODERN CHEMISTRY, 7e continues to set the standard as the most modern, rigorous, and chemically and mathematically accurate book on the market. Thoroughly revised and updated throughout to strengthen its sound "atoms first" approach, this authoritative book now features new content, and new art. In addition, the text is now more reader friendly without compromising its rigor. End-of-chapter learning aids now focus on only the most important key objectives, equations and concepts, making it easier for readers to locate chapter content, while new applications to a wide range of disciplines, such as biology, chemical engineering, biochemistry, and medicine deepen readers' understanding of the relevance of chemistry in today's world.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.