Essentials of Intentional Interviewing: Counseling in a Multicultural World
- List Price:
- Buy New: $99.10
as of 12/18/2013 03:01 EST details
- You Save: $28.85 (23%)
- Seller:Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Sales Rank:64,588
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 7.2 x 8.9
- Publication Date:May 3, 2011
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- ESSENTIALS OF INTENTIONAL INTERVIEWING's multicultural focus gives students the insight they need not only to draw out client stories, but also to understand the importance of the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in those stories.
- The active voice and accessible, modular style of the text enable students to quickly engage with the material regardless of the order in which the material is taught.
- The Iveys' signature Microskills model allows students to quickly develop beginning competence in four approaches to the interview: decisional counseling, person-centered, cognitive behavioral assertiveness training, and brief solution-focused counseling.
- The text encourages--and helps--students define their natural style of helping and their integration of helping skills in order to evaluate their own interviewing behaviors and effectiveness with clients.
An excellent guide to interviewing in the helping professions, ESSENTIALS OF INTENTIONAL INTERVIEWING, 2nd Edition delivers a more concise and accessible version of the Iveys' bestselling INTENTIONAL INTERVIEWING AND COUNSELING. Ideal for beginning helpers, the Second Edition retains the authors' proven Microskills model of teaching vital interviewing skills step by step. Its multicultural focus reflects the diverse nature of today's society. It also integrates the five systems of helping--person-centered, decisional counseling, brief counseling, crisis counseling, and coaching--and includes new content addressing such critical topics as psychoeducational skills and Internet counseling.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.