The Transformed School Counselor (School Counseling)
- Buy New: $149.95
as of 12/5/2013 22:53 EST details
- Seller:Textbook Barn
- Sales Rank:701,782
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.1
- Dimensions (in):7.6 x 1 x 9.2
- Publication Date:March 17, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Extremely relevant to today's school populations, THE TRANSFORMED SCHOOL COUNSELOR devotes an entire chapter to student diversity, including issues related to gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and culture, socio-economic status, and ability and disability.
- Giving readers a chance to apply chapter concepts to real-world dilemmas, a school-based scenario in every chapter asks students to consider contemporary issues, such as closing the achievement gap and bullying. The chapter concludes with a response to this scenario by a practicing school counselor--enabling students to compare their solutions to the practices of professionals in the field.
- Comprehensive coverage includes using counseling, consultation, and the coordination of services to impact the climate and culture of a school; advocating a social justice agenda and promoting equitable access to quality education; and implementing accountable school counseling programs.
- The text also illustrates how to use technology to efficiently and effectively expand the delivery of services and communication.
Preparing readers for real-world practice, THE TRANSFORMED SCHOOL COUNSELOR, 2e demonstrates how to effectively use theories, data-driven decision making, leadership, advocacy, and consultation to improve clients' scholastic achievement and foster social justice. Thoroughly integrating the ASCA National Model throughout, the book provides an excellent overview of how the school counseling profession has transformed to successfully meet the needs of 21st-century students. It challenges pre-service counselors to view their sphere of influence from a systemic perspective and develop awareness of the major societal and educational changes impacting the school counselor--including economy, technology, family structures, standards-based education, and diversity. Completely current, the Second Edition is packed with new case studies, data, and illustrations, as well as expanded coverage of diversity and a new chapter on working with special needs students.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.