Explorations in Diversity: Examining Privilege and Oppression in a Multicultural Society
- List Price:
- Buy New: $71.61
as of 3/17/2014 03:17 EDT details
- You Save: $58.34 (45%)
- Sales Rank:424,856
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6.3 x 0.7
- Publication Date:May 5, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Each essay inspires readers to reflect on their own encounters with privilege and oppression.
- Suggested literature and research is included in each reading for further exploration of the topic.
- Implications and discussions in each chapter allow readers to see the actions and results of each issue as they apply to real-life practice.
- Discussion questions at the end of each chapter provide an excellent opportunity to process the issue of privilege at a personal level.
This unique text features personal accounts from mental health professionals, professors and students facing issues of privilege and oppression in our diverse society. In this collection of articles, writers discuss discoveries and experiences about their own privileges and oppression, and ultimately, the compassion they've developed for individuals confronted with discrimination. Each essay will inspire you to reflect on your own encounters with privilege and oppression, while discussion questions at the end of each story provide an opportunity to process these issues on a personal level. By studying these revealing stories of insight and understanding, you'll learn how to recognize, examine, and finally, come to terms with your own privileges and discrimination -- allowing you to become a stronger, more acute, and more effective practitioner of the helping professions.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.