Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Social Welfare Policy and Social Programs
- List Price:
- Buy New: $116.57
as of 7/29/2014 10:51 EDT details
- You Save: $41.38 (26%)
- Sales Rank:60,743
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 7.1 x 0.8
- Publication Date:May 8, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- By thoroughly covering such matters as social welfare history, analysis, and practice, Segal offers a comprehensive introduction to social welfare policy that builds a strong foundation for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- The values perspective further emphasizes the importance of values and ethics.
- Questions that appear in the "What do You Think?" features provoke students to think critically about how they might apply that chapter's material to situations they may encounter in the future.
- "More About" boxes focus additional attention on topics that readers may find especially intriguing or very pertinent to their careers.
- "Consider This" and "Controversial Perspectives" feature presentations of differing view points to demonstrate the complexity of social welfare policy and to help the student examine personal beliefs.
Segal's SOCIAL WELFARE POLICY AND SOCIAL PROGRAMS, Third Edition not only enables you to identify, describe, and analyze social welfare policies, but it also draws you into an examination of the values and beliefs that drive our social welfare system. The author demonstrates how the myriad values of diverse groups in America have influenced current policies, and shows that analysis takes place through the lens of these often opposing values. The dual themes of critical thinking and critical evaluation provide the framework of the book, and Segal's unique attention to international perspectives on values around social welfare policies and social programs will heighten your awareness of the global implications of social work around the world.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.