Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- List Price:
- Buy New: $159.27
as of 8/20/2014 22:23 EDT details
- You Save: $46.68 (23%)
- Seller:Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Sales Rank:8,632
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.3
- Dimensions (in):10.1 x 8.1 x 1.3
- Publication Date:May 16, 2012
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- The authors continue to emphasize applicability of social work principles--a hallmark of the book since the first edition.
- The authors provide broad and balanced coverage of micro-, mezzo-, and macro- (systems) content. To help students apply concepts to direct practice, the text provides a solid foundation in the biological, psychological, and social sciences.
- The authors' multidimensional framework guides students' understanding of social work theory and its implications for assessment of human behavior and social work practice across the life span.
- "Implications for Practice" sections highlight critical issues for social workers and link foundation knowledge to assessment, prevention, intervention, and policy issues. "Focus On" sections reflect current CSWE guidelines by examining different voices and perspectives, focusing in this edition on Multiculturalism and Narrative
- "Personal Narratives" offer firsthand accounts of real-life experiences related to diversity issues such as racism, poverty, sexual orientation, and ageism. Through these different voices, students gain a real-world flavor of the material discussed.
This lively, comprehensive introduction to human behavior in the social environment offers a multidimensional approach to the topic, with discussion of integrative practice, theory, treatment, and services as well as matters pertaining to diversity addressed throughout the text. The text provides solid coverage of foundation knowledge, integrates the biopsychosocial dimensions for assessing social functioning, and offers case studies to illuminate the applied aspects of the content. Furthermore, as part of the Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series, the fifth edition thoroughly integrates the core competencies and recommended practice behaviors outlined in the 2008 Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS) set by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), thus helping you connect foundation knowledge with specific practice concerns. Study tables and concept maps (for each discussion of behavior in the development chapters) clarify major phases of biopsychosocial development across the life span. This framework gives you a concrete tool for assessing human behavior from a perspective that reflects the values and knowledge base of the social work profession.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.