Machine Shop Trade Secrets
- Buy New: $69.72
as of 12/19/2014 06:51 EST details
- Seller:Kahn Tools
- Sales Rank:476,971
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.9
- Dimensions (in):10.6 x 8.3 x 0.8
- Publication Date:December 15, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
James Harvey has written an excellent book that fills a void in current metalworking instructional books. Most textbooks are aimed at the beginner in the machining trade and cover basic work practice admirably. What textbooks do not do is sit you down with a veteran of the trade who can fill you in on the tips and tricks that allow working faster, accurately and intelligently. What amazed me is at how all these tips are not recycled versions of the ones we are all familiar with (as published by Lindsay's books and others) but are new tips, all useful and pertinent to the tools and methods of today.”
Written by an experienced machinist and plastic injection mold maker, this groundbreaking manual will have users thinking and producing like experienced machinists. Machine Shop Trade Secrets provides practical how-to” information that can immediately be put to use to improve ones machining skills, craftsmanship, and productivity. It is sure to be used and referred to time and again. You will discover ways to:
- Work faster.
- Select, make, and grind cutters.
- Surface grind blocks, pins and shapes
- Cut threads, knurl parts and eliminate warp.
- Choose realistic feeds, speeds and depths of cut.
- Remove broken taps, drill bits and other hardware.
- Apply proven CNC techniques to maximize output.
- Improve surface finishes and hold tighter tolerances
- Assist engineers with design and manufacturing issues.
- Improve indicating skills and develop a feel” for machining.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.