Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education: Fourth Edition (Springer Series on the Teaching of Nursing)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $58.64
as of 12/7/2013 03:23 EST details
- You Save: $21.36 (27%)
- Seller:Aspire Textbooks
- Sales Rank:51,465
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6 x 0.9
- Publication Date:February 11, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Named a 2013 Doody's Essential Purchase!
Praise for the Third Edition:
"Without question, this book should be on every nurse educator's bookshelf."
--Nursing Education Perspectives
The "gold standard" for evaluation and testing in nursing education, this revision helps educators measure and evaluate the level of learning that their students have achieved and presents fundamental concepts of what constitutes reliable tools and rubrics for measuring students' classroom and clinical performance. It describes how to develop a test blueprint and to assemble, administer, write, and score all types of tests and test questions, and analyze tests and test performance for both classroom and clinical evaluation. It includes guidelines for preventing cheating, and for conducting productive posttest discussions. The book offers strategies for evaluating higher cognitive levels of learning and for evaluating written assignments with sample scoring rubrics. The book explores important social, ethical, and legal issues associated with testing and evaluation. The text meets NLN Certification Competency #3: Use Assessment & Evaluation Strategies (15% of CNE Test BluePrint). New to the Fourth edition:
- Expanded coverage of essential concepts in assessment, evaluation, and testing in nursing classroom and clinical education
- A new chapter on online testing, with and without an online teaching platform such as BlackBoard, standardized online testing packages, establishing valid online-based testing, and related issues
- Current research, references, and new examples
- Stronger focus on evaluating higher level cognitive functions
- Additional test preparation for NCLEX and other certification tests
- Development of test items that prepare students for licensure and certification exams, including discussion of innovative items being piloted for possible use on the NCLEX
- Expanded coverage on establishing rubrics for assessing written assignments
- New information on using simulation for "High Stakes Testing"
- Online teaching guide that includes PowerPoint slides, sample core syllabus, and learner activities
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.