Designated a Doody's Core Title!
"This book should provide graduate nursing students with the knowledge to evaluate research evidence and use it in practice. With the increasing focus on EBP, this book should serve as a useful resource." Score: 100, 5 stars
--Doody's Achieve competency in evidence-based practice now!
This book provides practical ways for nurses to develop competency in evidence-based practice (EBP) by effectively using and appraising clinical studies. In this single, introductory volume, Mateo and Kirchoff present everything that advanced practice nurses and graduate students need to know to translate clinical research into practice. With this book, readers will learn the essential methods that are used to achieve EBP, such as how to find and evaluate research articles, design questionnaires and data collection forms, analyze quantitative data, and much more. Key features:
- Includes guidelines on how to evaluate the strengths and failures of research articles
- Presents data collection methods for physiological and psychosocial data
- Explains how to evaluate the ethical aspects of a study
- Provides guidelines on how to present and publish research findings
- Contains appendices with examples of evidence-based practice activities and protocols as well as a resource list of relevant websites
By knowing how to appraise the available evidence and its implications for clinical care, readers will learn to seamlessly translate evidence into practice.