- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.60
as of 12/13/2013 00:38 EST details
- You Save: $10.35 (52%)
- Seller:Cypress Sales
- Sales Rank:70,907
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:New edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 5.5 x 8.5
- Publication Date:February 1, 1995
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780820316611
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Set during the Depression in the depleted farmlands surrounding Augusta, Georgia, Tobacco Road was first published in 1932. It is the story of the Lesters, a family of white sharecroppers so destitute that most of their creditors have given up on them. Debased by poverty to an elemental state of ignorance and selfishness, the Lesters are preoccupied by their hunger, sexual longings, and fear that they will someday descend to a lower rung on the social ladder than the black families who live near them.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.