Seventeen Syllables and Other Stories. Revised and Updated with four new stories.
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.00
as of 8/30/2014 05:11 EDT details
- You Save: $10.00 (48%)
- Sales Rank:82,362
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Revised and Expanded
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 5.6 x 0.5
- Publication Date:May 10, 2001
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Seventeen Syllables and Other Stories brings together fifteen stories that span Hisaye Yamamoto's forty-year career. It was her first book to be published in the United States. Yamamoto's themes include the cultural conflicts between the first generation, the Issei and their children, the Nisei; coping with prejudice; and the World War II internment of Japanese Americans.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.